As I was unloading pictures off of the cameras I realized there were quite a few things I have never gotten on this blog. And since I do not want to do 20 individual posts, I put one or two pictures on here of each thing and will comment briefly about them. Sorry for the random. (Pregnancy has definitely made me lazy right now.)
We love to listen to Justin Bieber or the Chipmunks in our house and have lots of requests for them every day. I will put them on every few days and we like to have dance parties sometimes. My kids can even find the Justin Bieber songs on my iPad.
Lincoln was on the wrestling team this year. We thought it would be a good outlet for his energy. You could definitely tell that most of the other kids had grown up wrestling with their fathers who had done this growing up as well. Lincoln was usually the underdog, but he always tried his hardest and we were so proud of him. Also at this age apparently wrestling is worthy of a good cry while you are in the match. This kid that Lincoln is wrestling cried the entire 10 minutes prior to the match and during the match even though he beat Lincoln soundly. I told Todd that if Lincoln had acted like that he would be showing us that he obviously wasn't ready to do the sport. With all the crying kids, I told Lincoln that I was proud of him for never crying.
We got a bit more snow this year than last, but not quite as much as I remember getting as a kid. Anyway because of the lack of snow last year, we made sure we played in it each time we got some this year. Lincoln was pretty distraught that he had to wear purple gloves, but he had left all of his snow playing gloves at other places. So it was either that or no snow. I told him no one would know, so don't tell him I let out the secret.
In March the kids and I drove to Utah with my Dad to spend some time with the family. We headed out to Eagle Mountain on Monday and had dinner and play time with Justin and Eric's family. These three girls are all about the same age and had so much fun together once Mercedes got over her shyness. She takes a long time to get used to new situations and it took her awhile to realize that Mom was not leaving before she went to play.
Alyvia is also about the same age as Mercedes and these two little sweeties along with Bella made a lot of mischief during our quick stay in Megan's house. Megan and Jim had just gotten their basement almost finished and it looks wonderful. We had so much fun staying there and I hope we weren't too much of a bother:)
The bad thing about living in Utah and then coming back for a visit is that there is just never enough time to visit everyone as much as we would like. One night we headed to Cafe Rio to join up with our good friends the Wyatt's, the Baggs', and the Gosselin's. We have so many great memories of our time here in Utah with them and wish we all lived close again. This is a picture of all our kids.
On Easter this year we headed to the town egg hunt and got a few things. They didn't do it as well this year as they usually do so it was a bit disappointing. Good thing we had an Easter egg hunt at Mimi and Papa's on Sunday.
As the Primary President I was in charge of a Ward activity doing the Pinewood Derby. Our kids made their own cars and we had a lot of fun racing them.
I think this was sometime at the end of April. The good thing is that I really didn't grow a ton in the last 8 weeks or so. I was measuring about three weeks ahead, but have gone down to about a week behind. So if I don't get another picture on here before baby, I am a bit bigger than that now and I have definitely dropped.
Todd and I coached Lincoln's soccer team this year. It was an adventure with very strange weather. We had one game that was 35 degrees and one practice that was 102. All in the same month. He had fun though and I guess that is what matters.
Fun on the trampoline.
Lincoln and Todd went to Father and Son's camp out two weekends ago and had a lot of fun. Todd says the weather was perfect and Lincoln had a great time. So glad.
Speaking of the trampoline, the kids got it for Christmas and we put it up about the end of April. One night we had a terrible wind storm. I woke up to go to the bathroom (not unusual) and noticed how bad the wind was. I thought maybe we would have a tornado. I went to look out our front door and noticed something different. Todd was awake and I said, "Uh, our trampoline is gone." Todd didn't believe me at first (I didn't have my glasses on) but he looked and noticed it about half a block away.
In the morning we realized that it hadn't gone any further because it was impaled on a stop sign. Well the damage was too great and it was not savable. So we had to trash it. Lincoln cried when he found out. Mercedes asks about it still once or twice a day and wants us to buy a new one. We keep telling her we can't right now. Not in the cards. Hopefully soon though.
Lincoln had a Spring Music Concert at his school and they sang a lot of Disney songs. I asked him to take some pictures beforehand and got some pretty funny ones. Love that kid.
Todd has been wanting to shave Lincoln's hair, but I have not really been wanting that. So I said he could do it after school was out for the summer and only if he could have a Mohawk first. Todd would only let him have the Mohawk for one week so I enjoyed it while I could. Here is the before and after.
Mercedes turned three last month and asked for a Doc McStuffins birthday. She loves the show and pretending she is a doctor. She was so cute on her birthday and kept telling us she is thwee. She got some good presents and loves the bike she got.
The baby and I are Mercedes' favorite patients. She loves to check the baby. Usually she has to push up my shirt, but I told here we couldn't for the picture.
My sweet kids.
Lincoln turned 5 in May and wanted a Sonic birthday. He also got some fun presents along with a new bike. We have spent a lot of time on our new bikes, despite all of the thunderstorms we have had in the last few weeks.
All in all I have some pretty great kids and I can't believe how fast they are growing. We have been having some good times here, and everyone is getting pretty excited for our new baby.



3 comments:
you guys have so much fun! can't wait to see pictures of the new baby, i hope it's soon!
I love all the pictures!! It is so fun to see updates on your cute family!! Can't wait to see you guys. :)
thanks so much for all the cute pictures and update - so fun to see all the sweet faces.
Post a Comment