Thursday, September 23, 2010

Runnin' and Runnin'

Yes, I ran in an organized race. Crazy I know. I'm totally with Rheanna on this. I HATE to run. But I've really felt like it is something I should want to do so in July I signed Todd and I up for a 6k. It was the Racing Cane race. It benefits children who don't have shoes. Anyway, I've been trying to "train" for it, but as always my good intentions weren't as good as they could have been. We started the race on Saturday September 18 at 8:00 am.
This is me about an hour after the race. I ran the race in about 48 min. A 6k is roughly 3.73 miles. Todd stayed with me for the first 1.2 miles and then went ahead of us. He ran it in 39 min. I walked about 1k total in the first 1.5 miles and ran/jogged the rest. I felt like I did pretty well considering my "great training". Also that I pushed this
and this
in this the whole time. That's about an extra 80 pounds.
I don't think I've ever told you about this little beauty. It is my new love. It is the best double stroller ever, except that it can't fit into church doorways. That was a fun learning experience. Anyway this little love of mine has separate snack trays, canopies that move all by themselves, speakers for my iPod (my kids get to listen to Dr. Jean when we go on walks!), a parent tray, and the wheel in front swivels or locks in place. It is amazing. Oh I forgot, the handle also moves up and down so it is comfortable for a 6'1" person like Todd or a 5'0" person like me.

1 comment:

Rheanna said...

My dad totally gives me a hard time about how slow I am, but he has yet to push two kids in a jogging stroller while doing it---IT'S HARD!!! I think I'll have him do it just once so he can understand! Congrats on your race...hopefully I'll get there soon too!!! Something about racing/running for a purpose makes me think it'll be easier to do--I sure hope so (of course, the turkey trot is to get a free shirt and maybe a free turkey-haha! :o)