Monday, March 14, 2011

MIA

This is definitely not an announcement.  I know that usually when people stop blogging for months it seems like they are pregnant.  For me the excuse has been going back to work.  Partly why I have been MIA because I've been so dang busy and partly because it's been really hard to leave my babies and I haven't really wanted to write about it.  But it was the best decision for our family right now, so I'll leave it at that.
What we've been up to...
Todd - quit his job at Wells Fargo to help take care of the kids and finish up school in April!!! He was definitely glad to be done with Wells.  They just started getting really sales oriented and picky about everything.  He misses his co-workers though.  He mostly stays home with the kids and goes to school when he has class.  Our lovely neighbor Erika watches them during the times he is gone and I know Lincoln loves her because he is always talking about her.  Todd is scheduled to take a Police Exam in April in Iowa which I'm really excited about because it is making the move seem all that more real.  He seems like he is counting the minutes (seconds maybe) until school is over and I can't blame him.  We are ready to move on to a career and hopefully soon owning a home.
Katie - As I said I've been working.  I started a 2nd grade teaching job in January at a school in Taylorsville.  Yes it is a long drive and yes I hate it.  But I carpool with a nice girl and it pays way better than Todd's Wells Fargo job.  Starting in the middle of the year was interesting, but I actually have a pretty good class and they just needed a little bit more management in the room.  They've been doing a ton better and I always get comments on how much better they are now that I've been here.  Either that means their previous teacher was really bad or I'm downright awesome.  I'll choose to believe the latter.  Waking up at 5:30 has some definite drawbacks and I feel like the most important time of my day (at home) is when I am drop dead tired.  Add to that trying to exercise and I am just overwhelmed most of the time. Sorry if I seem like I'm complaining.  I am actually very grateful for my job and the school I work at.  I just miss being at home with my kids.  Especially when my two year old tells me he wants me to go back to work because he wants his daddy. I also got my hair cut and put some color in it and I love it. Sorry no pictures of it.  I'll try soon.
Lincoln - Growing so fast and furious.  Everyday he tells me things that surprise me.  One Sunday we were Skyping with my parents and he was trying to reach through the computer to reach Mimi and Papa.  He wanted to go to their house to see them and ride the boat.  Makes me laugh.  He loves riding his bike and has really done well with the pedaling.  He learned last fall but has never really wanted to do it much, he'd rather ride his scoot about.  We try to get him to ride his trike more now though.  He loves being outside and especially going to the park.  He also loves his Cedes and mostly he is nice to her. LOVES making tents in the house.
Mercedes - Moving all over the place.  She has been standing up to furniture for about 1 and 1/2 months now and she learned how to go up the stairs a few weeks ago.  She doesn't go up them all the time, but she is starting to realize she likes to do it.  And I noticed tonight she is finally getting her first tooth.  It is right at the surface and almost ready to pop through.  After having Lincoln not get his first one until 9 months I really didn't think it would get much later than that, but she is 10 months.  Silly girl.  She also got her first haircut a few weeks ago.  I just wanted to make it even now instead of when she has a ton. She loves to smile and loves her mommy and daddy.  She had her 9 month appointment a few weeks ago and here are her stats.
Height - 28 1/2 inches (80%)
Weight - 16lbs 9oz (15%)
Head - 44.4 cm (60%)
Well there it is in a nutshell.











Before...


After...it makes her look so big.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Loved your update and all the pictures!

Rheanna said...

Glad to hear what's up with each of you! i can't imagine having to go to work and leave my babies, but glad that it's working out well-even if you have to drive so far! We're excited for Todd to finish school too, but we'll be sad when you move to Iowa!

mandy said...

i'll agree that your class is doing so well because you are just that awesome!