Sunday, May 20, 2012

Big Boy

I think I said something about this on Facebook, but thought I would do a post about it here.  A little while ago Lincoln learned how to ride his bike without training wheels.  He absolutely loves it now.  When the weather started to get warm we started to get the bikes out and I thought I would teach him how to do it.  Well the first few times were not good.  So I decided I would wait until summer.  I told him that he needed to practice balancing with his training wheels on and worked on it for a few weeks.  Then about a month ago we were at my parents house and he wanted to ride a bike.  However, we did not have his bike and they do not have any with training wheels right now.  So I asked him if he wanted to try it with one of the little bikes.  He did and he just took off after one or two times of me running on the road beside him.  It took him about 2 or 3 more days to figure out the turning, stopping, and starting by himself stuff, but he did a great job.  I'm not sure how great this video is, it is from my phone.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Way to go, Lincoln!!