Monday, September 17, 2012

A Parade

My town does a celebration every September called "Popcorn Day".  They have a kiddie parade and this year I decided to do it with my kids.  The theme was "Hats off to Hamburg".  So with my mom I came up with the idea of  "You don't have to go to Disneyland to have fun...Hats off to Hamburg".  The kids wore their Mickey and Minnie Mouse sweatshirts we got from Disneyland and we filled the wagon with Disney stuffed animals.  It was fun.  And the kids won first prize in the costume section winning $5 a piece.  Nice for their piggy banks.
 Lincoln loves riding his bike and was good most of the time at staying close to me.  Good thing there weren't many kids in this little parade.
 I got to pull Mercedes in the wagon.

 Waving was not her strong point.  We had been waiting for 30 minutes at this point because of judging and check-in, so she was ready to get out.  Luckily Mimi and Papa got her to wave.


2 comments:

Rheanna said...

Adorable! Miss you guys!

Carolyn said...

Very cute idea! I loved seeing your Nauvoo post! Thanks.