Thursday, March 4, 2010
Never Thought
Something I never desired or thought that I would ever do is go without sugar/candy. I love sweets. I don't feel like it is something I need to live without. I always like to eat a little something sweet after dinner or lunch or both. I like to eat what I want when I want to. Especially when I am pregnant I feel very justified in doing this. I've been miserable enough in other areas so food can and should make me happy. And exercise - I wish I could do more. But because I have not been able to move for hours after each session of exercise that I've tried to do this pregnancy I have just decided to forgo that avenue. I figure with all of the walking and up and down I do with my Kindergarteners and Lincoln, I will be okay. The back pain afterward is just not worth it since it already hurts most of the time anyway. Well now I have been told I have to do both of these things with two little words - gestational diabetes. It is amazing how much you think about chocolate when you can't have it. I actually have to think and worry about what I eat...ALL THE TIME. I can't have a lot of carbs either - do you know how much I love bread, pasta, potatoes, and all things that are now not good for me. Well, I am just hoping that it will get me into some really good habits so that if I ever do actually become a diabetic or I need to diet more it won't be so hard. Also, I am going to start swimming for my exercise to hopefully alleviate most of the after pain. Well, this is a feel sorry for myself post, so sorry if it bugged you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear that you have gestational diabetes. Good luck with watching what you eat, I hope it goes okay for you. I know that's the absolute last thing you want to do when your pregnant. Have fun swimming!
Sorry Katie! Good luck with that! Thankfully it'll be over once you deliver. Can you do sugar free sweets? Let me know if you want to know some that are good...my sweet tooth kills me sometimes, but some of the sugar free stuff isn't so bad!
Not fun. So sorry! I've got some great recipes if you are interested.
Hi Katie, this is Miriam Beck, Kasey's mom. I noticed your comment on Kasey's blog and discovered your blog! It's adorable. You have a beautiful family and beautiful little boy! Congrats on your pregnancy! It'll be fun following this!
Post a Comment