Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Mercedes turning 1

A little late post about Mercedes' birthday.  But I thought a few of you out there might like to see some pictures.  Mercedes' birthday was a cold and windy day.  We thought it was going to clear off and be nice, but it was only like that for a few minutes.  We had a lovely time with family and friends and we enjoyed seeing our little girl's fascination with new things.
My dad was able to come out for the big day.  We bought 10 Dominos pizza for the party and it was gone in like 5 minutes.  It was really yummy though.
We always love to see the Blair family and were really glad they could make it to see us.
The last few remaining slices were quickly stolen.  I was taking pictures when they got out the pizza, so when I got there I had the choice of like two pieces.  If anyone is looking through these pictures and doesn't know who someone is, don't worry - I don't either.  There were a few people who showed up that weren't invited, but the more the merrier I guess.
Stash of presents.
The only reason those tablecloths are down right now is because people are holding them down.  I'm surprised we aren't seeing some lift off of the plates.  It was really windy.

I love everyone's "chewing" faces.

These two love Mercedes and she always loved them.  We are sad we don't live close anymore.
Tyson was always able to get Mercedes happy, even when she was being a Mommy's girl.
The first present to be opened.  Peter and Ashley gave her this cute bug activity book thing.  Well, you'll all be interested to know that my children have actually not really gotten to play with their birthday presents...another sad moment in my life.  With the craziness of the flood when we got here and moving and still not being in our own place all of their things are packed away in some box.  Lincoln has gotten used to the answer he gets when he asks where such and such is...in a box.
Costco cake - pretty good, but I miss the days when you could get something other than white cake, white frosting, white filling or chocolate cake, chocolate frosting, chocolate filling.  Only two options these days.


She just went right for the cake.  Just smashed it right into her mouth.  It was pretty cute.


Never letting go of that yummy thing.

Brody Blair was really good at keeping the little ones entertained.  He is such a great kid.


It's so funny at birthday parties when your trying to keep all the other kids from "helping" open the birthday presents and the birthday child just wants to play with the one that was just opened.

She got a lot of great gifts and we can't wait to actually use them.  Hopefully here in the next 2-3 weeks.  I'm crossing my fingers.
She didn't know about that balloon on her wrist.

1 comment:

Rheanna said...

It seems like her birthday was so long ago! I hope you get to start using all your things too--living out of boxes is so hard!