Yesterday in the little town we live in we had a celebration called "Popcorn Day". It's named after the popcorn plant we have here in town. Anyway, it is a day filled with street vendors, a parade, dances for teens, there also used to be things like a tractor pull, little kid games that my parents seemed to run every year (like water balloon tossing, frog jump contest, bubblegum blowing, etc.) and other various things. This year we decided, well I did I guess, to enter Mercedes into the Baby Contest. There were different age groups that I'm not entirely aware of, but in my very unbiased opinion she should have won first place in any category. It was just an excuse for me to dress her up a little and it was fun to see the other kids out there. Now before you go a little weird on me, no I am not the Toddlers and Tiaras type of mom, okay!
My little princess.The kids in her age group. The one sitting on the lap of the lady with a pink shirt was the winner. Mercedes was in a 3 way tie for 2nd place. My dad was thinking that they probably should have stopped being worried about feelings and just made a decision. I happen to agree. I will always think my daughter is the prettiest thing around, no matter what others try to say to me.
So freaking cute!



3 comments:
She's adorable! I agree--first place all the way! We miss you guys!!!!!
ditto what Rheanna wrote!!!
Totally 1st place!! What a freakin cutie!!
Post a Comment