Sunday, July 27, 2008

F.B.I Internship


I received an e-mail from a friend concerning a paid internship with the FBI for next summer. I read all I could about it and talked it over with Katie and we have decided that I should apply for it. Over the past year, ever since my obsession started with the FBI, I have been looking for an internship, I found one but it was unpaid and so I knew that that couldn't work especially now that we are parents. This one, however, is and the pay is based on ones years in school. By the end of next Spring I will have 87 credits which puts me three credits shy of being considered a Senior. Oh well, the pay is $15.21-$24.95 an hour, so hopefully I land somewhere in the middle. This opportunity is really great and would put me closer to my goal of becoming an Agent, because to have the job one must have a full background check done so as to have Top Security Clearance. If accepted for the internship we would leave at the beginning of June and head for the DC area and would be there for 10 weeks. The job description says that one is placed according to his/her degree, which means that I would probably be working in the Cyber Crime Division. I know that it is really competitive and that there is a good chance that I won't even be accepted so I won't be depressed if I don't get it. But for now I am way excited!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It sounds awesome. I hope it works out for you.