Thursday, July 31, 2008

A New Friend For Lincoln

In our home, in our bedroom, directly above Katie's and my bed we have a ceiling fan. Normally one does not find much comfort or solace from such an inanimate object and definitely not friendship. Lincoln, however, has found all those things in our bedroom ceiling fan. When he is fussy or frustrated with life, as baby often can get, we just place on our bed and he starts smiling and then sometimes laughing. Today I brought him in to our bed when we woke up and of course he had no interest in mom and dad all he wanted to do was talk with his friend. I decided to leave and when I got to the door I said Lincoln's name trying to get his attention. He smiled even bigger but didn't look at me, he kept his eyes fixed on the fan. I thought it necessary to explain to him that it was me calling his name and not the fan, I don't think he believed me.

2 comments:

Rheanna said...

I love it! Why we buy them toys I'll never know. Just wait til he falls in love with a box or a piece of paper!

Albert said...

Lincoln's Aunt Susannah was in love with our ceiling light in the little house when she was a baby - she would look at it and talk to it for as long as it was on!